The ACGME requires that residents / fellows participate in quality improvement and patient safety activities. To provide a foundation in these concepts, residents / fellows will complete an online GME Quality Improvement (QI) and Patient Safety Curriculum.
Residents / fellows are encouraged to spend one block to learn more about QI and patient safety, attend some of the following meetings, and identify and work on their own QI / patient safety projects:
- Resident Quality and Safety Council
- Has quality analysts to help with resident projects
- Nursing / Pharmacy Practice Council
- Quality Council
- Patient Safety committee
- Medication safety committee
- Infection control
- Health care Event Evaluation Team (HEET—reviews Patient Safety Net reports)
Each resident / fellow will present at least one case per month at the Stroke Case Conference and will complete one QI / safety project, which may be presented at one of our departmental research symposia, the annual Wisconsin Neurological Society meeting, or at UW’s Resident Quality Day.
Latest revision: 07/13/2020
Luke Bradbury, MD