Schedule and Venue
- ~ One per quarter at a faculty member’s house
Journal club is an informal gathering of fellows, sometimes residents and faculty. One fellow and a faculty sponsor select an important paper from the literature, or a few related papers. The fellow discusses the importance of the topic, the research design, findings, etc. Faculty help guide the discussion.
- To develop fellows’ skills in evidence-based medicine
- To promote a collegial working relationship among residents, fellows and faculty
- The fellow will present at least one journal club per year. The event will be hosted by a stroke attending.
- The fellow and attending will work together to select the topic and appropriate papers.
- The fellow will review the papers and present the salient details at the journal club.
Latest revision: 08/07/2023, Jamie Elliott, MD, PhD