Schedule and Venue
- 1st Monday of the month at noon in MFCB 7114
Stroke conference includes a mix of didactics and case discussions. A typical yearly schedule follows.
Fellows and residents will learn:
- tPA evidence, indications, contraindications
- Thrombectomy evidence, indications, contraindications
- Acute stroke complications
- Large and small vessel disease (CEA/stenting, intracranial stenosis, lipohyalinosis)
- Cardioembolic disease (atrial fibrillation/anticoagulation)
- Secondary stroke prevention
- Aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Atypical causes of stroke: non-atherosclerotic vasculopathy
- Atypical causes of stroke: genetics, toxins, migraine, PRES
- Atypical causes of stroke: thrombophilia, DVST, PFO
- Disparities in stroke care
- Stroke mimics
- Anterior circulation and lacunar syndromes
- Posterior circulation syndromes
- Intraparenchymal hemorrhage
- Aortic disease, spinal cord ischemia
- Case presentations (interspersed throughout the year)
- The fellow will present two didactic conferences for the residents per year. The topics may be selected from the above.
- The fellow will work with the relevant attending on the presentation.
Latest revision: 08/07/2023, Jamie Elliott, MD, PhD